Saturday, February 13, 2010

How many busses can a girl ride in one day?

Seven is my record, set on Friday. I made two long-desired purchases - a booster seat and a laundry basket - and brought them both back on the bus. Then took Kalee down to see daddy's office and to the red-cross re-sale shop where we bought ice skates for Kalee for 10 euros. Then home. I was pretty proud of myself.

Why do we need a laundry basket, you may be wondering, when we have a washing machine right in our little apartment? Well ... that little old washer broke. I think I tried to put too much in it at a time. Charles told the University people who own the apartment and we discovered the washer was just a left-over from a previous tenant, they wouldn't fix it or replace it. So, now we carry our laundry down to the first floor where there is a washer (free) that holds full-size loads and washes them in 37 minutes (the old washer took 90 minutes, I kid you not). After that, there is a big drying room with lines strung for hanging the wash, and big fans to turn on to dry it. Even a quilt will dry in less than 24 hours down there and we don't have to have laundry hanging anywhere in our apartment. The dead washer has turned out to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment